Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dress to Impress

I was gifted with a bag of clothes for my eldest daughter by a friend who's daughter had grown out of them.  Can I get a 'woot woot' for free clothes!?!?!

Cut to a few weeks later.

After a night of many wake ups with baby B, I am snoozing in bed, while my saint of a husband is getting the big kids ready for school.  G comes in and I wake up because I sense something is close to me - I crack open my eyes and I can feel her breath on my face as she asks,

"Mommy, can I wear this?"

I see her wearing a tank top.

"G it is March.  If you want to wear a tank top put a T-shirt on underneath."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A few minutes later Ry walks in,

"Are you sure she can wear that?"

I am not awake enough to care about anything.  I want him to go away so I can sleep.

"As long as she is wearing a shirt underneath it is fine."

I rolled back over and went to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

G goes to school.  In a tank top.  In March.

=====================================================================

My mom was at the kids school that day so she offered to bring them home.

They knock on the door and let themselves in.

My jaw hits the floor.  I mean my mouth is gaping open as I stare at my daughter.  Who is wearing a tank top...as a dress...with sheer black tights that have bagged around the ankle.

Oh...My...

"Where are your pants? Skirt?  Anything??"

I continue,

"What...how...where...?"

It is at this point that Ry looks over at me and points out I said as long as she wore a shirt it was fine.

Well yes I did when I was half awake, in a darkened room, and she was right next to the bed so I didn't notice the NO PANTS part!

As the Blogess would say her "lady garden" was covered by little more than some princess panties and sheer tights.  That tank top just hit the bottom of her 'southern' cheeks.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LETTING HER WEAR NO PANTS???"  I calmly say to my hubby.

"I checked with you.  You said it was fine."

"UMMMM I WAS ASLEEP.  HELLO?  COMMON SENSE CALLING - MAKE SURE YOUR DAUGHTER WEARS PANTS NOT JUST A SHIRT TO SCHOOL!!!" I sweetly respond.

"A shirt?  G said it was a dress."  He is beginning to see the error of his ways.

"That is a tank top."

After further discussion we have created some new house rules.

New house rules:
     1. G must always wear pants
     2. Don't ask mom important questions in a dark room when she is sleeping
     3.  If it looks like a shirt, smells like a shirt and walks like a shirt...it's a shirt.  No matter what  
          the 5 year old says.

2 comments:

  1. haha! hilarious - I agree that parents do not have proper parenting brains when they are half asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my previous comment worked so this might be a repeat - but this post was hilarious and I totally agree that no one is in a clear enough state of mind to make proper parenting decisions when they are still half asleep!

    ReplyDelete